Many believe in the rules of engagement as they relate to selling. But, did you know that using these rules puts you in a subservient position with your customer or potential customer.
Here are a few of the rules of engagement. Take the Quiz, to see if you are selling in a subservient position. Answers at the end:
- True or False: The customer prospect is always right?
- True or False: You can’t sell over the phone?
- True or False: People only buy from people they like?
- True or False: You can’t control the sales cycle as a salesperson?
- True or False: You can’t say no to a prospect?
- True or False: You can’t take control of the sales cycle?
- True or False: Prospects usually buy the vendor with the lowest price?
- True or False: Executives are not really interested in your solution?
- True or False: Closing is the most important part of the sales cycle?
How Do You Control the Sales Cycle?
Instead of believing in the selling Rules of Engagement, you need training for Quid Pro Quo selling, which means an exchange of value for something of equal value and you must use a consultative sales approach.
As a sales professional learn how to receive more than a “yes” or “no” at the conclusion of your sales cycle. It’s up to you to take control of the opportunities presented to you and taking control of the sales cycle can net you awesome results.
Answers: Questions 1-9: False
If you answered yes to any of the questions, it's time for you to invest in yourself with training and learn the art of Quid Pro Quo selling.